The fellowship will take place from 16 September 2018 to 15 November 2018 (i.e. two calendar months). Fellows will stay at accommodation arranged by the HKBU School of Communication, attend various seminars, talks and classes, visit leading media organisations in Hong Kong and run workshops related to their specialisations. Fellows are also required to do a project on a journalism-related topic and will present their findings at the end of the scheme.
What does the fellowship cover?
Each fellowship includes:
- Monthly allowances of USD2,500 (including monthly rate of USD900 for staying at HKBU’s NTT International House)
- Refund of one return air ticket (economy class) from your country of residence to Hong Kong
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the HKBU Journalism Fellowship Scheme, you must:
- Be a citizen of an Asian country or territory and currently working and residing in Asia
- Have at least three-years’ work experience as a journalist
- Be able to speak and write in English
- Have your employer’s agreement in writing for your application. Freelance journalists are eligible, provided that journalism is the main source of income
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and arrangements of the fellowship
- From Now to April 30, 2018
Announcement of Results
- Successful applicants will receive notice in early June 2018